The Association des pêcheurs professionnels membres d’équipage is proud to encourage youth to pursue post-secondary education by offering $500 scholarships to students whose parents or grandparents are members of the APPME Inc.
The APPME Inc. annually awards $500 scholarships. These are awarded through a random draw that takes place in August.
To enter in the scholarship draw, a student must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student in a recognized college or university program.
- Be a member of the APPME Inc. or have a parent (mother or father) or grandparent who is a member of the APPME Inc.
- Submit a completed form by August 6 to the Association des Pêcheurs professionnels membres d’équipage, 278 Des Pêcheurs Avenue, Shippagan, N.-B. E8S 1J6
In order to receive this scholarship, the student must:
- Fill and return his or her certificate of registration at the beginning of the college or university year.
- Be available for a picture to be published in the media.
Once these requirements are met, the student will receive his or her scholarship.
Awardee of the Association des pêcheurs professionnels membres d’équipage Scholarship – On the right, Kevin Plourde, student in the diesel mechanic program at the Collège communautaire du N.-B., Bathurst Campus receiving a $500 scholarship from, on the left, Daniel Landry, Fisheries Advisor at the APPME Inc.
On the picture, from left to right:
Jennifer Blanchard, student at the University of Moncton, Shippagan Campus; Mr. Blaise Roussel, treasurer of the APPME; Christine Blanchard, student at the CCNB, Campbellton Campus. Absent when the picture was taken: François Gionet, student at the University of Moncton, Moncton Campus.